Thursday, August 24, 2006

I said to "Trust Me!"

"O God, give me the serenity to accept what cannot be changed, the courage to change what should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other."

I have really tried to make an honest effort lately to be happy. I am a very happy person anyways but it seems that lately I have caught myself down in the dumps for many different reasons. Oh, I am not grumbling right now. But I am giving myself an attitude adjustment.

People ask me all the time "How can you be so happy and cheerful all the time after all that you have been through these past few years?" I am so glad that I do appear to be that way but it is not always true, I guess. But quite honestly, I have a choice, I could complain all the time or I could just trust in God and let him carry my burdens for me. I am not at all saying that I do this on a daily basis, I am human and sometimes I forget to give it all to Him.


"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to
you." 1 Peter 5:7


This is a natural reaction, especially for someone who does not know the Lord. But for believers, such as myself, we should know better and let Him take it. He tells us..."Stop worrying! You are in my care. Let me do it for you. Trust me!" I also know that this a continual, learning process. It is so easy for us to recognize God's hands in the good things but so hard for us to see it in the bad things too. Why are we so reluctant to practice Jesus' teachings?

If we step back and take a look at our lives as God sees it then maybe it wouldn't be so hard for us to let it go and let Him carry that burden. Then we may lose that urge to worry and complain and start "casting our cares on Him".




Think of it this way...what if our children left the house everyday and worried about how we (their parents) would care for them? Wouldn't that make us sad? Wouldn't we be grieved on many levels because of that? Their concerns are our concerns, as is our Father's. It is the same thing!

No comments: