Sunday, August 13, 2006

First day of lots!

Well, tomorrow is the start of school for many around here. My 3 little ones started in July so they are settled. But Ryan starts the 10th grade in the morning. I still can't believe that my sweet baby darlin' is growing up so fast. He is taller than I am, about 6'1". I never thought I would have to look up at him. He is such a handsome young man. And I am so proud of him! I don't think I say it enough! I love you baby! (I know you read this, you nosy little booger!)

Tomorrow is also the first day of all day preschool for my 5th child. Oh, you thought I only had 4 kids! Well, don't tell my sister, Lori, but her son is part mine too! My sweet nephew Mason has been with me since Lori went to work soon after his birth. I have kept him for almost 4 years. It broke my heart to think of that sweet baby going to a daycare center so I volunteered to keep him for her and Brett. I honestly can'y believe that it has been that long.

Well, my sister has decided to let him go to preschool 5 days a week. Apparently it is time to cut the Aunt Angie umbilical cord! Ugh! I am so sad. This kid is one of the most amazing kids I know. He is so smart and quirky and funny, no, he is hilarious! He is just gonna blossom even larger than life now that he is going to real school. He soaks up things like a sponge.

So, tonight I am a little sad that my little buddy won't be adorning my home on a daily basis. I am also gonna miss seeing my sister every morning and afternoon. We have some of our best talks at those times. She is one of my very best friends and I am so thankful that God made us both sisters and friends!

Now what am I gonna do with my time? Just kidding...actually I am thinking about trying to find a small part-time job, maybe in the mornings. Since Lori paid me to keep Mason, I now need to try to replace that income. I am kinda scared about working again outside of my home. I have become very independent, not having to answer to anyone and coming and going as I please. Obviously, I still want to keep doing my own business, making purses and such. So, I guess we will see what the Lord has in store for me now!

Mason and Ryan I hope you both have a great first day of school. I love both of you!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: