Monday, July 31, 2006

WW-wk5

Take Joy In The Journey...this was the topic of our discussion tonight at WW. (Of course, the first thinng I thought of when I saw this was Joy...Hey Joy!) Our leader tonight talked about how many of us have a kind of "destination mentality". We are always looking towards the destination (goal) and don't particularly revel in the here and now of this journey. It is all a state of mind to make positive choices from day to day. We should focus on "enjoying" every step of the way...make sense?

What are some of the benefits of the here and now of weight loss? Well, for one you feel better about yourself (both physically and mentally), healthier, you realize that "hey, I do have muscle under all this", you get compliments (especially the ones from people who haven't seen you in a while), and shopping is more fun. These are just a few benefits....there are so many more!

I learned tonight that I need to focus on what I need to do now verses the actual getting there. Enjoy every step of the way. If you don't and you look at it with a "diet mentality" then you will fail. I am going to take this journey one day at a time. If and when I make it to my goal then great but I am not going to wait til I get to my goal to have fun and I am going to "take joy in the journey"!

Oh, BTW, I lost 2.2 more pounds for a total of 11.4 in five weeks. I got a little sticker to put on my 5 pound bookmark. I am going to do this and I am going to put the fun in the journey now instead of later!

PS...It is OK to be a picky eater, just pick the right stuff instead of the bad! And Moms we really don't have to clean our plates, when you are full then stop. This is also something that our kids could learn now instead of later, like we did.

Go visit One Weigh Or Another for tons of support and accountability! I love that site!

No comments: