Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Anna Jordan!

You guessed it, another birthday. Today is my sweet baby girl's 8th birthday! She, like any other little girl her age, loves her birthday. We just got finished making cupcakes for her class. I let her stay up later than everybody else to help me decorate (actually she did it all). Ryan was up and he and Jordan had a bit of a icing fight. She adores her big brother and loves spending time with him without everybody else around.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So, in honor of my Jordie Pie, I will tell you a wee bit about her. She just started the 3rd grade. She tested for Gifted and Talented the end of last year and did really well. So this yeat she has started with the Excels/Gifted and Talented program at school. She loves it! She pretty much loves everything about school.

She is a very compassionate little girl. She gets her feelings hurt very easily and can cry at the drop of a hat. She loves to read. She also keeps a journal. I love that about her. She is honest and caring. She has taken her first year of piano lessons and is getting ready to start her second. She LOVES her little cousins, especially Austin, she always wants to be taking care of him when he is around.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Her first name is Anna, she is named after her Mamaw, my Mom, Pollyanna. Anna means grace...gracious and that she is. Her middle name is Jordan. She thinks it is very cool that both of her names are in the Bible and loves to look at the maps in the back to look for the River Jordan.

I found out a few months ago that she loves poetry. We wrote this one together oneday when we were able to spend some one on one time together. Go read it, it is pretty funny! (Go ahead, I'll wait for ya to come back!....Ok, back? Good!) Now wasn't that the cutest poem? After that she has written many more, she is pretty good.

I am not sure of our plans for her birthday. She wants to go to Pizza Hut tomorrow night. So we may call her best friend and take her with us.

Her Daddy's birthday is on Saturday, the day after hers. When I was pregnant with her it was so hot here (kinda like today...105 index), and my GYN wanted to induce me and gave me 2 dates, one on the 28th and one on the 29th. Her daddy was quite upset that I couldn't wait one.more.day! But if you pregnant right in the middle of the summer, which would you choose? Plus, I wanted them to each have their own birth-day! So, Saturday we will go see her daddy to celebrate his birthday the best we can.

I love you Anna Jordan! Thanks for being an awesome daughter! Thanks for being that sweet little Jordie-Pie that everybody loves! Kisses to you!

No comments: