Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Maybe that is why I learned to sew...

“When life whacks you so hard your head flies off, sew it back
on and keep going." ~Mary Pierce ~

When I read this quote for the first time on Friday, I thought "Boy this one is gonna be easy." You see, I have been whacked that hard. My whole life was torn apart a little over 4 years ago. This was when my husband turned our whole life upside down. Then a little over a year after that, I was left here own my own to take care of our children, our home, our lives all by myself. I never asked for that. Never! This was not what I had signed up to do when I signed our marriage certificate. When I got married I thought that it was a partnership, that we would do this together. But apparently that was not what was in the stars for our family. God had another plan.

I can tell you that my head has been knocked off more times than I can imagine these past 3 years since my husband went to prison. Maybe that is why I taught myself to sew soon after he left, so that I could sew my head back on myself, who knows!

But, regardless of what happens when my husband does get home, whether he has taken God seriously or not, I have grown and become a much stronger woman because of these trials. Which means that I will keep sewing my head back on every single time it gets whacked off. And I do this because it is the right thing to do.


Go to Christian Women Online to play along.

No comments: