Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Visiting with myself? Hmmm...

Christian Women Online have started a new meme. Fridays they will publish a quote and we have till Tuesdays to ponder that quote and write a little something about what it means to us. Go check it out. This week's quote is.....

"Once in a while you have to take a break and visit yourself ."

-Audrey Giorgi

When I read this at first, I totally could relate to it because of all the bum days I have been having. Just really needing time to myself. But is that really what it means? Could be, I guess it could be. Does it mean going to the bathroom alone without little ones following? Does it mean trips to the grocery store alone? Or to go get that manicure or pedicure you have been wanting to get? Or to go out to dinner with the girls without tag alongs? I guess it could mean that too.

But, when I really pondered it I took it to mean maybe taking a break from everyday activities and spending time in the Word. Or even taking time to bring your prayers before our God. Or spending time with God's people. I believe that if we do all of these things then we will grow more and be more at peace with ourselves. Therefore, visiting with ourselves.

Christ did His part. Now we are to take advantage of that and give back by spending time with Him. If only we would treat Christ as we treat other things in our lives, then all would be good. So for today and the days to come make time to "visit with yourself" and meditate on the Word of God.

"Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people." Luke 1:68.

No comments: