Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sin is sin, right?

A little rant for today.....
As a lot of you know my husband is in prison (if you don't then you can start here, then come back). We struggled through some really hard times. And yes, there were many times that I just wanted to give up on him and walk away from our marriage and our vows. But, I am so thankful that I didn't. You see, he is now a man of God. He is still in prison and he is sharing the gospel with other inmates. His favorite book of the Bible is 2 Timothy. Yep, you guessed it, he can kinda relate to Paul being imprisoned. I know, not all the same circumstances, but nonetheless he is trying to win lost souls to Him. (I borrowed the picture from my Daddy, it was taken from his trawler...the White Horse.)

The first time he led an inmate to Christ, he called and was so excited. I mean more excited about anything I had ever seen in his life. He said "I just saved someone." His exact words. Of course after we talked a little I explained that he did not saved him but Jesus saved him. Remember He is only a baby Christian himself. And everything he has learned thus far has pretty much been on his own, crouched up in his 8 X 8 room in a bunkbed. I was very proud of his boldness about his new found faith to say the least. And he has shared with many, many more since that day.

So on with my rant....I was approach by someone not too long ago, a former friend of my husbands. (I say former because after hubs left we quickly realized who his real friends were.) This person could not believe that I had stayed with him after everything that he had done. (Mind you, this guy was a big part of my husband's past lifestyle!) So this hypocritical statement really made me quite angry. Not to a point of lashing out at him, but to a point of letting it bubble up and fester in my heart which led me to this post. Yes, I was mad and hurt. And if you know me personally you know that I do get my feelings hurt quite easily and I tend to back down very quickly. I guess I am very tender-hearted. And that is exactly where this person was hitting me, right in the heart.

When I got home I started thinking, you know Angie, sin is sin no matter what. Some will say one sin is worse then the other but I remind you that in the sight of God a.sin.is.a.sin, none greater or less then the other, and when compared to our Savior we all will fall short. (Romans 3:23) Then I was reading through Timothy and came upon this verse...

1 Timothy 1: 8-11
We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine that conforms to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.


And HELLO, wham boom bam, clear as day. So, in closing think about this verse the next time you are judging someone and remember to think... what makes you holier than them to judge, because in the Lords eyes we are all short, and should only uplift our fellow man and not tear them down. (Of course, I know that my whole 3 regular readers would never do this!) I am gonna leave you with a little bit to chomp on for the day.

1 Timothy 3:16
Beyond all question, the mystery of godliness is great: He appeared in a body, was vindicated by the Spirit, was seen by angels, was preached among the nations, was believed on in the world, was taken up in glory.

No comments: