Sunday, June 04, 2006

Do YOU have a washing machine?

Did you know that in parts of Mexico there are hot and cold springs side by side? It is a part of nature that the women there take full advantage of. They can boil their clothes in the hot springs to get them clean, then rinse them in the cold springs. This is a way of life for them, they do not know any other way. Can you imagine?


I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will
remember your miracles of long ago.
Psalm 77:11
So often we compare our lives to other people's lives around us or that we see on TV or read about or whatever. We compare what they have in contrast to what we have. Or even what they are that we aren't. I can say from my personal experiences that these feelings will leave you feeling rejected or left out or even cheated. We (I) have to make an effort to steer clear of these bad emotions or we (I) can become very bitter.

Sometimes, we are so busy adding up all our troubles that we forget to count all the many blessings that we encounter EVERY SINGLE DAY! We have so much to be grateful for.

For starters, God gives us a new day everyday for us to have a brand new start! And He loves us as if we were the only person He created. He is always there for us when we need to talk. He is forgiving. He promises us that we can live for eternity with Him in Heaven. He understands everything we are going through better than anyone else can, even ourselves. He loves us so much that He sent His own Son down to die for our sins.

These are just a few things that He has done for us, His children. Look at how huge that is. That is huge!

I, for one, have so many things to be grateful for. I am grateful for the life that I have. I am grateful for my husband and children. I am grateful for my family, my Mom and Dad, my sisters and brothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles...you get it, right? I am grateful for the things that I have had to endure to get to were I am today. I am grateful for my brothers and sisters in Christ and my church. I could just go on and on, but you get it, I hope.

I am going to make a deal with myself to make a conscience effort to be thankful and grateful for all things around me. Check out the definition of conscience....1. the awareness of a moral or ethical aspect to one's conduct together with the urge to prefer right over wrong, and 2. the part of the superego that judges the ethical nature of one's actions and thoughts and then transmits such determinations to the ego for consideration. I am gonna be aware, very aware!



So, tell me what are you grateful for? Count your blessings! I am gonna start by thanking God that I have a washing machine. I hate doing laundry, but I cannot even imagine having to actually do the laundry. Now I am wondering why I ever griped about that? (Can you imagine what those ladies are gonna do when they find out that there is a machine that can do all that work for them?)

No comments: