Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Thursday Thirteen vol. 3

Thirteen Interesting Facts About My Mom
1. She loves the Lord with all her heart and taught us all to do the same.
2. She has 5 kids (I am the oldest!).
3. She has been married to my Daddy for 4 years this September.
4. How can that be you ask? They remarried after 22 years apart.
5. She has 10 grandchildren and 10 granddogs.
6. She loves to ride the grandkids around in her small trailer attached to the lawn mower.
7. She snorts when she laughs.
8. She owns her own real estate company.
9. She loves gardening and has a beautiful rose garden.
10. She is terrrified of spiders and I mean heart attack scared.
11. She plays the organ at church and has for as long as I can remember.
12. She is my 911-I call her before I call 911, she says "call 911".
13. 2 years ago at a real estate conference with my sister, Mom went to the bathroom wearing an all black suit and came out with a long flowing tail. She sat down oblivious to her new tail, then later got up to get coffee. My sister, Lori, who was sitting right beside her, glanced up and noticed her "Angel Soft" tail. As she came back with her coffee, she couldn't understand why Lori was laughing uncontrollable. Lori finally squeaked out "You have toilet paper hanging out of the back of your pants." So she nonchalantly reached back and tucked it in her pants, saving it for the next potty break. I wonder who else noticed my Mom's "Angel Soft" tail? (And I really don't think they learned anything else about real estate after that! I am sure that there was a lot of 'snorting' going on!)
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM
Mom, Me and Jackson

18 comments:

Carmen said...

Mom's are the best. My list is about my mom, too. :) (As I think a lot will be today)
http://carmenhasgonetoplaid.blogspot.com/

And the pic in the previous post is just too cute for words.

Anonymous said...

Snort! Snort! Snort! And wipe away my tears with an Angel Soft tail. Now the whole blogging world knows about my Angel Soft tale! Hopefully the fella sitting at our table that thought we were laughing at him will read your blog. Why do things like that make it even harder to stop laughing? Lori, you have got to quit telling on me! Memories, we sure have a lot of them. Lots of snorts and lots of tears. Sylvia, when you read this... Remember the "hot boys"? Now, I know you girls are wondering what we were up to. I'll give you a hint. We were looking at an organ. Snort! Snort! Mr. Rogers almost kicked us out of his place and we really embarassed one of our deacons too. You figure that one out. Well, Baby, you made my day and I love you toooo much! Now I have to go and put my make up on again! Love you!

Kelly said...

Your mom sounds like a wonderful woman. What a great TT list!

Undercover Angel said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother. That is so sweet. I hope she gets to read it. My TT is up.

Emily said...

LOL, so many mom lists today!! I'm feeling like a bad daughter! ;)

Ahhh....great 13m though!

Happy Thursday!

Leesa said...

What a lovely list for your mother :)

Lori said...

I think I am going to like this TT thing!

Stacey said...

Wow, our mom's have lots in common. Snorting when they laugh, real estate agents, scared of spiders and I always call her before I call 911. It's so funny how much we still count on our Mom's isn't it?

Great list!! Thanks for visiting my blog today!!

angela said...

You know, I didn't even think about making one about my mom. This was very sweet though...

Carol said...

Your mom sounds great!

Thank you for your encouragement today at She Lives.

amy karp | PHOTOGRAPHY said...

thanks for the visit - I am the youngest of 5

Norma said...

How great that your parents are together.

Wonderful list.

My TT is up.

Frances D said...

Being a mom I love to read mom tributes.
Bravo.
My own list is up.
Happy Mother's Day.
Frances

Anonymous said...

Great list! Loved the "my mom had a tail" story. :) Sounds like she's a great person. :)

My TT is up.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Moms are the greatest. Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom.
Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

What a great T13 post. I wish I had thought about it. I am just so far away from my mom that I don't remember those special days.
Thank you for sharing thoughts about your mom. Mom's are great - no matter how old we are.
BTW - I wish I could grow roses - they are my favorite flowers.

-tnchick- said...

Remarried after 22 years. Impressive. My parents have been divorced 20 years - I don't see them getting remarried but they are friends.

Tracy S said...

Awweee that is a very nice list .. Aren't moms great ? I hope you have a wonderful mothers day:) ..Your mom is too funny ...lol


Thank you for stopping by my TT