Friday, March 24, 2006

Whining

Philippians 2:14-15...Do everything WITHOUT complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault.
Whining, we all do it, yes us adults too. In fact, sometimes I think that we may whine a little more than the children. At least kids may not know better, but there is no excuse for us. This verse is pretty straight forward, wouldn't you say? Why can't we just turn our whining into a thankfulness? Although it sounds quite simple, I guess it really isn't. I challenge all of you to quit the whining. Rather than whining about the things in our lives or whatever may be wrong, take positive action. How, you ask? I figure that there are a few things we can do. Give something away...think about it. When you give something away you create a space for something new and better to come into your life and that is something to be thankful for. Then, don't expect everything good to come into your life all at once. Focus on specific and achieveable goals, direct your time and energy into reaching those goals. Go from "I need" to "I want". Most of the time when we think that we need something, it is really that we want it. Then when we get what we want we will more likely be thankful for it as a luxury rather than a necessity. (Hmmm, whoa!) Choose to be thankful, all of us have more things to be thankful for than we could ever recount in a single day. So, why is it that we whine about the bad things all the time when there really is more of the good things? This verse is very convicting. I am guilty of the whining too. Now that I really think about it, I do alot of whining. (Mom, sorry, I promise to do better! :) ) I have many trials in my life and alot that I could fuss and complain about but now in this moment I am gonna be thankful for the trials and thankful for ALL of the good things that the Lord brings into my life EVERYDAY! Number one, Him! And secondly, my husband, thirdly my 4 children and the list could go one and one, but you get the picture, right?
"Jesus can turn water into wine, but he can't turn your whining into anything." -Mark Steele

No comments: