Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Trust and Perseverance

I guess I am on a trust kick this week....or the Lord is trying to drill it into my hard head! Oh well, I know that I hate it when there are people in my life that are hurting. It bugs me sometimes that I can't help them or even help solve their problems. But, I can pray for them and encourage them the best that I know how! God must have really wanted me to write about this today because earlier when I signed on here I was clueless as to what I was gonna "blog" about today. I read through scripture during my quiet time hoping that something would just pop out at me. I had a very busy afternoon planned and I really wanted to do this earlier, but God had another plan for me. He kept putting different people in my path that were hurting in one way or another. My grandmother is sick and had to go to the ER, a friend emailed and seemed hurting inside, another friend called and was struggling with things in her life, my son is hurting which makes me hurt, I checked another fellow blogger's site tonight and she is hurting and the list goes on. All of these are different situations but yet all the same.
It led me to James 2:2-8 (Funny how that happens, I just love James...very rich!)... 2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
Trials....when we start to walk with the Lord we almost automatically think that everything is just going to fall right into place...not the case and totally contrary to what scripture says. We get blind-sided so to speak. He wants us to have faith in Him, how would we ever grow in faith if we didn't ever have trials? He wants us to ask for wisdom, He will give it to us freely. FREE...nothing in life is free, but this is, just ask! We don't have to understand why things happen to us in our lives but we do have to trust that the Lord will always work them out for our good. He is our Father, accept His helping hand, just as you would your earthly father! "Our security is in God, not in circumstances." As we are struggling to get out of our different circumstances, maybe remember that God is probably getting us prepared for something very special, so make it a learning experience and remember that He promises that we will persevere if we stay focused on Him.
So, for you guys that are hurting and struggling please know that you are not alone, not only am I praying for you but your Father will not let you down, He will see you through your trials.

No comments: