Sunday, March 19, 2006

Philippians 4:8

Obviously, I missed church this morning because AJ was sick. I hate it when the kids are sick, especially when I just have to let the virus run it's course. She is feeling so much better today! Almost like she was never sick. So now I sit and wait for IT to circulate the rest of the family! In our Sunday School class (missed you guys today) we have been studying different books of the Bible every week. This week we are doing Philippians. What a full book! I have already been reading it because Audrey is doing this study at Woman's Life. She has challenged us all to memorize this entire book! Wow! Although I haven't done that I have become very familiar with it by reading it regularly. Well, this week our verse to memorize for SS is Philippians 4:8....Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.
Pretty simple actually, he (Paul) pretty much says exactly what he means very clearly. Whatever we decide to put into our minds, may it be books, TV, internet, the list could go on and on, that is what we are going to express in one way or another! We need to replace all those things with God's word and with prayer and other wholesome type things. Why is this so hard? Could you imagine what it would be like if everyone did this? It will take plenty of practice but it can be done. I am gonna try that! I challenge you to read God's word daily, fill your minds with the good things and let go of the bad, impure, harmful junkiness of this world!
Boy does this verse speak to me, I hope it will speak to you! Take what you read and put it to practice, obey God's word!

No comments: