Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Out of Control

Do you ever feel like your life is totally out of control? I am sure that I am not alone in this, come on 'fess up. In this, a very fast-paced world, life can slip out of control. I am sure that it happens to the best of us...agree?

But I know that because of God's grace, He won't reject me when I fail or fall short. Because afterall we all fall short, right? I have learned that God looks for our willingness to let go and let Him have it. He looks for true repentance. I also know that when I am "in Christ" that life is not in MY control but in God's control. Thank goodness for all of us that all of our past problems and our current struggles and even our temporary setbacks do not hinder God's work in and through our lives. He offers us all hope to getting our lives under control even after we have crashed and burned.

He wants us to live our lives as a person after His own heart. He is here to help us all control our sin nature. ('cause you know we all have a sin nature) He understands our struggles and our weaknesses. He knows all about them ALL. If we are obedient and follow His will for our lives then He will indeed take care of us.

I count on this everyday. Maybe lately I have not been as Christ filled as I would like to be, but He always leaves the door open for us and our placed saved for when we decide to return to His feet. And I count on that! Boy, do I ever!

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

No comments: