Sunday, August 09, 2009

My Future Marine



This morning at 7am my oldest son, Ryan, left the nest and went to embark on his new life as he becomes a United States Marine at Parris Island Recruit Depot. I am so incredibly proud of him! This is a decision that he made on his own. I believe that it was a very wise decision for him, especially in this economy. He will learn so much about his field of choice as well as about himself.
I said that I wouldn't cry today but as soon as Tony left to take him to meet his recruiter, I realized he was gone. He may never live with us again. He is a grown man, at least he will be come November at graduation. So, how ironic that in the Beaufort Gazette this morning there was an article about Parris Island making Marines. You can go here to read it! It is very touching and moving. I can't wait to see my Marine at graduation. But first I really can't wait to get a letter from him saying that he is OK. Until then, I will keep praying for him and his strength.

No comments: