Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's raining, it's pouring...

Saturday is here and we now have our first Friday under our belt. 2 months and 3 weeks until Ryan graduates Marine Corps boot camp. I have found this amazing website where moms, dads, wives, etc. can come together and chat. I love it there. It is sometimes hard to find people who can relate to what I am going through. Thye just don't get it. But this site is the best. I have asked silly stupid questions that I learned were really not so stupid.

Today Ryan will meet his drill insrtuctor and be assigned to his platoon. I did find out thanks to Brett and Danny that he did pick up 2 Bn Fox Co. So I am now a 'Foxy Lady'...learned that in the chat room. So hopefully by the end of next week I should have a letter or actually it is a postcard form with his address on it. We plan on writing him very, very often. We are so incredibly proud of him.

It seems like forever until graduation, which will be November 6th. But we will see. It is so nice to have all my friends and family calling to check on us. We are doing great! Just missing our recruit something fierce. As ready as we were to get his lazy behind out of here we are just as anxious to get him out of boot camp. I am really praying that he realizes how much we really care about him and love him.

I plan on documenting my whole experience here on my blog so Ryan can someday go back and read it and truly know how much he is loved.

I wonder what they do when it is raining? They are future Marines so do they go out in the rain to train too? I am sure they do.

So close, yet so far away....

No comments: