Monday, April 24, 2006

Stick to it

"Be like a postage stamp- stick to one thing till you get there." -Josh Billings
I wish that I could say that this quotation is me, but oh my, it totally is not. I would like to be like that, but haven't got there yet. It really does not take me much to get off track. I'm sure too that it has alot to do with the fact that I work in my home. I can be right in the middle of a project and remember that I forgot to wash Jess' uniform for her softball game tonight. Or I better load the dishwasher before "so and so" stops by to pick up her purse, oh and I better run the vacuum too, oh and light a candle just in case, oh and the kitchen floor needs a good sweep, so I better mop too while its clean, then I won't have to do it again later. Oh yeah, I better scoop the kitty litter and oh, the kids left their bath towels on the floor again, let me pick those up, toothpaste in the sink and water on the counter, better wipe that up. Ooowee, I better scrub the toilet just in case she (so and so) may need to go potty, and a candle would be good in here too, just in case. Oh, I really need to take the garbage out and spray Lysol. Then as I take the trash bag to the laundry room I realize that I never even started Jess' uniform in the wash. Ugh, 2 hours to game time! Whew! Can you relate? One thing always turns into another and another and another. This is my day everyday. I love working from home because I know that God has called me to be "a worker at home". And my desire is to be here, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed with it all that I literally don't know which is which! I wish that I could just stay on task. Like right now, it is after 11 o'clock at night, I still have several orders to complete and here I am on the computer. I started cutting the fabric and then had to go to the bathroom and on the way back I passed by the computer and realized that I hadn't done my entry today so I stopped and here I am! Crazy, huh? At least I am aware of it, right? Isn't that half the battle?
I think that what I am gonna start doing is set goals for myself, like I can't check my email until I complete A, B and C. Then I can't go blogging until I do D, E and F. And so on...
I would love to hear any other ideas that you guys may have, What is your secret?
Look at what I played with today while I should have been getting other orders done. These are the cutest hair barrettes that are designed right in the embroidery hoop, start to finish, after it is embroidered you tear away the stabilizer and slip in a barrette and DONE! So cute!
Cute, huh? My daughter loved them!
Oh, and BWS I did finished your bags today and will put them in the mail tomorrow, so classy! Hope that you like, no, I know that you will love them! Alright, now that it is almost 11:30, I better get some sleep so that I can start my new system tomorrow bright and early!
Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord! 1 Corinthians 15:58

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee.... I was reading down this post and thinking "Does this mean that my purses aren't done yet? Does she mean she stopped to post instead of finishing MY purse?!" Because, of course, the world revolves around me! hee hee.

I am SOOOO excited!!!!