Monday, May 12, 2008

What was i saying about Jackson...

......Well, a few hours after my last post I got a phone call from the school that Jackson had broken his arm. I was at MaMa's house visiting when they called me, so I rushed over to the school. I knew it was bad when I pulled up and he was in front of the school on the bench sitting with his principal, his teacher and the school nurse standing over him. I swung my car around and pulled up next to him. I had no idea what I would find. They had his arm splinted with a piece of cardboard and a sweat shirt tied around as a sling with a bag of ice. I peeked under the ice and oh my goodness. He had a dip in his arm. Obviously, yes it was broken.

We buckled him in his seat belt very carefully. I was then a nervous wreck. He was hurting so bad. They said that he was swinging and fell out of the the swing as he was going back of course at the highest point. He had scrapes on his face too where he landed. I rushed him to the ER. We only had to wait about 20 minutes and they took us back. We made a point of sitting right in front of the triage room so they could see him crying.

X-rays showed it broken in 2 places. One was a clean break, the other was not. It was not a pretty picture to say the least. They sent us to another doctor's office where they proceeded to give him a shot of Novocaine in each bone. That was horrible! He screamed so loud, it absolutely broke my heart. Lori came with me and had to keep reminding me not to cry. Once the Novocaine kicked in they manipulated it back into place. It took 2 tries. Then they put a pretty blue cast on it and sent me home with a prescription of Tylenol with codeine and a very hurt little boy.

He slept with me all weekend, so I got absolutely no sleep. He went to school today. We will see how long that lasts. His fingers are so swollen. But he is my brave little soldier. So my very active and energetic little fella has slowed down just a little bit for the moment.

No comments: