Friday, May 09, 2008

I am thankful to be a mother.

I always knew being a mother was a special job - I obviously had no idea how true that was until I became a mother myself. I have been a mom now for almost 18 years. I know that you hear people say all the time that they could not imagine their lives without their kids. Well, I am going to say that too. "I can't imagine my life without my kids." That is the way God intended it to be. I am so thankful for all of my kids. They are each one a very special blessing in my life and in other lives around us too.

Ryan,17, is a strong, young man who is trying to find his way in this world. He is very smart, probably too smart for his or my own good. He is quite athletic and full of energy. He has always been such a great help to me. I realize that I am hard on him and I have sheltered him quite a bit, but I think that he has grown into that and has made me very proud to be his mom. I don't think I tell him that enough.

Jessica, 12, is a funny and out going young lady. (She thinks she is grown, as they all do at this age.) She is athletic and smart. She loves to play fast pitch softball and has played since she was 9. She is "the little momma", as she helps me out a great deal. Being a single mom, I am very thankful to have a daughter like her to walk along side of me.

Jordan, almost 10, is a very special. She almost always does what she is asked, rarely do I have to ask twice. She is my quiet one though. She loves to read and is very smart. I am now finding out that she is quite athletic as well, playing her first year in softball. She is one of the relief pitchers for her fast pitch team. She is a rare gem and I am very grateful that God blessed my life with her.

Jackson, almost 8, is a very strong-willed little boy. He is set in his ways and doesn't take anything off of anyone. He is smart too. He gets bored very easily and is very creative. I try to encourage him to write, because he has an awesome imagination, but he is a boy and doesn't really like to do that. He loves baseball and basketball and wants to play football this year too.
He is a challenge for me and always keeps me on my toes, but I love him even more for that.

Being a mom is by far the hardest job I've ever had - and yet of course, the most rewarding. I am so thankful for all 4 of my children and I pray that one day they can look back and remember all of the things that I have tried to teach and instill in their lives.

Thanks guys for making me a MOTHER!

No comments: