Friday, December 15, 2006

Blessings

This time of year is always so hard on me the past few years. I get very stressed out about what to get the kids and I am always afraid that I will not be able to get them what they really want. Unfortunately, when Buddy was here we really went a bit over board. I truly regret doing that now. I talked to the kids a few weeks ago and explained to them that "Santa" was going to bring them the one thing that they really wanted and that was it. So I stressed about that too. Quite honestly a few weeks ago I truly did not know where the money was going to come from. I am pretty much living paycheck to paycheck, which is fine any other month of the year.

We were not able to even afford to get a Christmas tree yet. Then yesterday a sweet lady brought us over a large 7 1/2 foot artificial pre-lit tree that someone was giving away....giving away! I haven't had a chance to put it up yet, maybe tomorrow night. But it is so amazing to me how God is always there to take care of us. He sends the right people in our path all the time. Now I don't have to worry about getting a tree EVER!

Then I met another sweet lady this week. She had purchased some bags that I made the first of the week. And she called and wanted more so she met me at my office downtown and got 3 more. First of all, that was a blessing in it self. I am still amazed that people like my bags.

Then later that day I get a phone call from a local guy who had talked to this lady. She was trying to get him to get some bags for his wife and daughters (which he is). But he said that he had someone who wanted to help a family this year and asked if he could help out my family. I was very taken back and surprised to say the least. 3 1/2 years ago when Buddy left I really had a hard time accepting anything from anybody. I was determined to do it own my own. And for the most part I have but God sends these angels my way when He really knows I need them. I had a really big pride issue. But my Mom explained to me that when people do things for us that it probably blesses them more than it blesses us. Which is hard to believe because I feel SOOOOO blessed right now. Words truly cannot describe how fortunate I feel.

So this year for Christmas my kids are definitely going to get that one thing that they really want. And I may even be able to get them something from Mommy too. I also got an anonymous check from someone at church too. God takes the worries that I have and over shadows them with such blessings. I know that I am not supposed to worry about anything and I should give God my worries. But sometimes it is really hard to do that! You would really think that it would be an easy thing to do especially with God's track record. He never ever fails us no matter how we treat Him.

So to say the least, I am feeling very blessed this Christmas once again. My business is booming, especially right now with Christmas orders. The word is getting out about Carolina Rags. My children are all very healthy. My family loves me unconditionally. My church families are always there for us. God is just good! Please know that I am so thankful for everything that God has blessed us with.

6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that
he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares
for you. 1Peter 5:6-7

No comments: